Saturday, July 23, 2011

French toasting my bread


OK, this might sound very earthy and "organic", which isn't necessarily the image I 'm trying to project; luckily it's a cholesterol bomb therefore I suppose the overly serious image of the health freak takes an ironic spin :)
Truth is by 1 pm I was really hungry, and almost as if the universe was talking to me, I realized I had these 4 ingredients available to me:
-some very good and fairly natural (whatever that means) bacon I bought at TJ
-a bottle of organic maple/agave syrup blend
-Fresh eggs brought by a colleague who has hens and is kind enough to provide
-Fresh bread that I made just last night
Now mind you, this is a very rare occurrence....I hadn't made french toast in at least a year, and I bet it was probably 6 months ago that I bought bacon last.
I was probably inspired by the uncommon quality of the ingredients.
It was delicious, I'm sure my body will forgive me.

Mahalo
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment