Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Food for thought

Or should I say "thoughts on food"?. This video definitely makes you think about the things you eat

I'm definitely not the kind of person that is obsessed with nutritional values, calories intake and so on. I like to eat, and my rule of thumb is just to make sure my diet is as varied and diversified as possible. I also believe that your state of mind while you eat plays a major role in how you assimilate the food, but that's a whole different story altogether, maybe some other time...
What this video points out though is how messed up the food that is available to most of us is: most food in the developed world is processed, or impoverished by some highly efficient farming/growing/breeding technology that makes sure we get more, prettier and faster, for less money... the actual quality of what we eat is somewhat irrelevant in this picture.

Kind of sad, isn't it?

Mahalo

No comments:

Post a Comment